Tuesday, December 02, 2014

The Wilderness Within

"a voice of one calling in the wilderness,
'Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.' " (Mark 1:3)

There’s a “wilderness” in me. Areas that have yet to become full formed to the image of Christ. What does it look like for these areas to be “prepared” for the Lord? How might they be made “straight paths”?

4And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. 5The whole Judean countryside and all the people of Jerusalem went out to him. Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River. (Mark 1:4-5)

I have a part to play in my own formation. I am responsible for responding to the “voice” that is calling out to me – into these wilderness places. God is there, in the wilderness of my soul – calling – waiting – wanting for me to be baptized. To be immersed in the Holy Spirit. To experience forgiveness and freedom.


Will I go out to meet him there…? 
Will I confess my sin(s)…? 
Will I descend into the Jordan – the place of descending death to the self…

No comments: